* Becton junior MLB Joe Lesho intercepted a pass, recorded a sack and made eight tackles in the Wildcats’ 7-0 loss to Hasbrouck Heights on Friday.
* Senior QB Alex Victorino has been outstanding in the clutch for Garfield: He has converted on five of six fourth-down plays on which the Boilermakers need 10 yards or more. Those successful conversions include three of his six TD passes.
* Glen Rock senior LT/ILB James Antolino had what coach Jim Kurz called “the best game of his three-year career” in a 22-19 win against Pompton Lakes on Saturday. Antolino had a sack on a two-point conversion try and compiled seven tackles, including two for losses, and two sacks. He also batted down a pass, and his QB pressure late in the game forced a decisive interception.
* Hasbrouck Heights’ offensive line performed well in its 7-0 victory over Becton on Friday. Junior T Sean O’Malley, senior G Scott Salerno, senior TE Josh Hanrahan (three catches, 52 yards) and junior TE Phil Miller helped the Aviators produce more than 400 yards of total offense — including 300-plus on the ground.
* Lodi senior QB Steven Villa rushed 19 times for 139 yards and threw two TD passes in the Rams’ 38-18 loss to Rutherford on Saturday.
* Senior WR Edgar Carranza continues to play well for North Arlington. He caught four passes for 87 yards and a TD in a 55-20 loss to Cresskill on Friday. In three games, Carranza has 10 catches for 230 yards and four TDs.
* Sophomore QB Kevin Cotter had Pompton Lakes in position to win its third straight game before Glen Rock came back late to win Saturday. He completed 13 of 24 passes for 239 yards, a TD and two interceptions, and showed a lot of poise in the pocket despite constant pressure from the Panthers.
* Rutherford has won the first three games of a season for the first time since the Bulldogs got off to a 7-0 start in 2011.
* Wallington coach Barry Blauvelt calls senior RB/FS Tyshaun Horton “Mr. Do Everything.” In three games, Horton has rushed for over 400 yards, has 100 receiving yards, averages six tackles per game and has two interceptions — including one he returned for a TD.